Roof Damage FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Few homeowners notice roof damage until major damage occurs from storms. There are warning signs to look for: leaking, missing or curling shingles; cracked drywall; rusted/damaged flashing, etc. Usually, damage is not visible to those who have not been trained to look for it.
Will I need to replace my whole roof if it is leaking?
Not necessarily. Roofs leak for different reasons: break in waterproofing layer, opening in sealant; deterioration of shingles and flashing; defects in roofing materials; damage from storms or hail.
Why hire a local contractor?
Local contractors are more reliable than out of town contractors who may be gone tomorrow!
What will a new roof cost?
The price of a new roof varies based on the material selected and the shape and size of the roof. If it is covered by insurance, your cost will only be your deductible.
If I want to re-roof, what are my options?
If you have decide you need to re-roof, there are two basic options:
- Replace the roof by tearing off the old roof (recommended)
- Install new roof over existing roofing material (less expensive but harder to find all the defects in sheeting and flashing deterioration)
Would my insurance company replace a weather/hail damaged roof?
- If you think you have roof damage, contact TN Roof Pros, LLC of Middle Tennessee for an inspection.
- We will advise you if you have roof damage due to weather or aging.
- We will meet with your insurance agent to inspect the roof together to ensure you get the best possible replacement.
- We will assist you in filling a claim.